Last Update: 2022/12/01
Grizzly Labour Corp. doing business as Grizzly Force. (“Grizzly Force”, “we”, or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information you may provide to us while using or accessing our services, using our website, using our mobile application (the “App”), or by otherwise voluntarily interacting with us.
We collect certain information about App users as a consequence of your use of the App. Please review the Policy carefully. By submitting your personal information to us, by using our website, by using our App, or by voluntarily interacting with us, you consent to our collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as set out in this Policy, as revised from time to time. If you do not agree to this Policy, do not use the App.
Your continued use of our website, services, and the App following the posting of any amendment to this Policy and, as applicable following the dissemination of a notice to inform you of it shall constitute your acceptance of such amendment.
- Meaning of Personal Information
- Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
- Personal Information We Collect
- Non-Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Third Party Websites and Services
- International Transfer and Storage of Information
- Information Security
- Opting Out of Communications
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
- Children’s Information
- Contact Us
Meaning of Personal Information
"Personal information" means recorded information that is reasonably capable of identifying an individual. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, date of birth, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number. It may also include information that, when used in combination with other information allows you to be identified, such as age, occupation, and location.
Generally under Canadian privacy laws, personal information does not include any business contact information that is solely used to communicate with you in relation to your employment, business or profession, such as your name, position name or title, work address, work telephone number, work fax number or work electronic address.
Personal information also does not include information that has been anonymized according to generally accepted best practices and in such a way that it is, at all times, reasonably foreseeable in the circumstances that it irreversibly no longer allows an individual to be identified, whether on its own or in combination with other information.
Your consent to collection, use, and disclosure
Where appropriate, we collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. How we obtain your consent (i.e. the form we use) will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected. Subject to applicable laws, your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. If you choose to provide personal information to us on your own behalf, or on behalf of your child or children, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as outlined in this privacy statement.
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
If you provide personal information about another individual to us, it is your responsibility to obtain the consent of that individual to enable us to collect from you, use and disclose their information as described in this Policy. By providing personal information about another individual to us, you represent and warrant that you have obtained their prior consent to our collection of his/her personal information from a third party, and made them aware of this Policy.
To provide you with access to our website, services, and the App, we may collect personal information. Without such information, we may not be able to provide our services, including access to the App. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. However, note that:
- withdrawal of your consent may prevent us from providing our services, website and App to you, in whole or in part, or prevent those from functioning as intended;
- before we implement the withdrawal of consent, we may require proof of your identity; and
- even if you withdraw your consent, we may keep using, disclosing or retaining some of your personal information to the extent required by applicable law.
Personal information we collect
What information we collect
The information we may collect about you varies depending on the nature of our relationship with you. Generally, the personal information we collect falls into the following categories (not all of which may apply to you):
Grizzly Force Website
- Visitor Information: When users visit our website located at https://www.grizzlyforce.ca and its associated sub-domains, we may collect information they submit to us directly through the site, such as their email address if they request information about Grizzly Force.
- Account Information: We collect information from users when they create an account, request customer support, leave feedback, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include, name, email address, password, profile photo, date of birth, emergency contacts, next of kin, and any other information they choose to provide.
- Content and Work Information: We collect information from users about their eligibility to work in Canada, prior work experience, skills, education, training, social insurance number, passport number, driver’s licence or service card information, employer recommendations, business location, banking information, personal preferences related to your use of the App, such as hours of availability information about shifts worked, employer and employee feedback, and message history, including photographs, audio messages, videos, text messages, or any other communications within the App. For employer-users, we may collect personal and non-personal business information, including the name of your employer, job description, physical address, location information, billing address, and phone number.
- Log Information: To the extent permitted under applicable law, we automatically log information about use of the website, including the type of browser used, dates and times of access, pages viewed, and IP address. We may also, subject to applicable law, collect or infer your geographic location based on your IP address. Usage and personal information may be logged as well for the purpose of tracking down technical issues.
- Device Information: We automatically collect information about the computer or mobile devices used to access the website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Account Information: We collect information from users when they create an account, request customer support, leave feedback, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include, name, email address, password and other identity authentication data, profile photo, date of birth, emergency contacts, next of kin, and any other information they choose to provide.
- Content and Work Information: We collect information from users about their eligibility to work in Canada, prior work experience, skills, education, training, social insurance number, passport information, driver’s licence and/or services card information employer recommendations, business location, banking information, personal preferences related to your use of the App, such as hours of availability information about shifts worked, employer and employee feedback, and message history, including photographs, audio messages, videos, text messages, or any other communications within the App. For employer-users, we may collect personal and non-personal business information, including the name of your employer, job description, physical address, location information, billing address, and phone number.
- Log and Usage Data: To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may collect log and usage data relating to a user’s use the App such as a user’s device information and information about a user’s activities on the App
- For individuals who otherwise interact with us, whether in person, on the website, by phone or email, through social media or otherwise, including individuals who request information about our products or services, or who enter a contest or respond to surveys and questionnaires, we may collect information they provide to us during these interactions. This information may include name, e-mail address and other contact information.
Other Information We Collect
How we use your personal information
We use the information we collect from users in the App, and our website to provide, maintain, analyze, and improve our products and services, including to:
- Create and administer your account, facilitate your use of the App, and send you notifications, confirmations, updates, product announcements, security alerts, technical notices, and administrative messages.
- Match workers and employers for job roles as appropriate with reference to the data provided via the website or App, and facilitate communication between workers and employers.
- Assess worker suitability for job roles, and where appropriate check employability status, criminal records, employment references or other qualifications.
- Administer and process applicable worker’s compensation benefits;
- Process payroll and remittances for tax purposes.
- Provide customer service and technical support.
- To the extent permitted under applicable law, monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our website, products and services, including the App, and personalize and improve our website, products and services, and the App.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and otherwise facilitate or contact you about your use of the App.
- Notify you about important changes to the App and applicable terms and policies.
- Display and publish reviews posted by our users and customers.
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards and to display relevant advertising.
- Communicate with you about marketing aspects such as products, services, offers, and events offered by Grizzly Force and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Grizzly Force and others.
- Enforce this Policy or our Terms of Service;
- Carry out any other purpose for which consent is obtained, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Whatever the purpose may be, we will collect and process your personal information to the extent you have provided us with your consent, or alternatively as reasonably necessary to fulfill our contracts with you, or as may be required by applicable law. We may use your personal information and other information for purposes for which we have obtained your consent, and for such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
How we share your personal information
- With employers to match workers, more specifically, workers’ name, rating, email address, phone number and your work history within the employer’s organisation;
- With tax authorities;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf in connection with our App.
If we provide your information to third party service providers, we take reasonable measures to ensure that this Policy and its principles are complied with and these third parties provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate security measures. We also require that they only use your personal information for the limited purposes for which it is provided. When our service providers no longer need your personal information for those limited purposes, we require that they dispose of the personal information. We do not authorize the service providers to disclose your personal information to unauthorized parties or to use your personal information for their direct marketing purposes.
In some circumstances, we may permit our service providers to retain aggregated or statistical information that does not identify you directly. A more detailed list of third party service providers is outlined below under “Third Party Websites and Services”;
Additionally, we may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process, including outside of your country of residence;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, or to cooperate with law enforcement, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or subsidiaries;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others;
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- in connection with a sale or business transaction, we may transfer your personal information to a third party to the extent necessary to conclude any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
If we otherwise intend to disclose your personal information to a third party, in a manner not identified in this Policy, we will identify that third party and the purpose for the disclosure, and obtain your consent.
Retention of personal information
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
Third party websites and services
This Policy applies only to our website, products, and services. It does not extend to any websites, products, social media platforms or services provided by third parties.
There may be times where a third party may ask to collect your personal information themselves. These third parties can include advertisers and third party service providers and payment processors. When you provide your personal information to such third parties, they will use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies and not this Policy. Therefore, you should read their privacy policies carefully before providing them with your personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties, and we encourage you to review all third party privacy policies prior to using third party websites or products or services. The third party service providers we use, include but are not limited to, the following:
- Amazon Web Services. We use Amazon web services in multiple capacities for storing, transferring, and securing user data. For more information, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our users interact with certain features on our website. For more information, please visit https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web
- Google Firebase. We use Google Firebase for push notifications sent from our application platform. For more information, please visit https://firebase.google.com
- Hubspot. We use Hubspot for lead and client information for employers. Hubspot is a CRM and marketing system that allows us to track and take action on our relationships with employers. For more information, please visit https://hubspot.com
- Mailchimp. We use Mailchimp to send emails to our workerbase. Mailchimp stores personal information such as name, email, and any other information that is needed to communicate to specific groups of users about topics that are relevant to them. For more information, please visit https://mailchimp.com
- Microsoft SQL Server. We use SQL Server as a database for storing our user data. For more information, please visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/sql-server/
- Redis. We use Redis as a cache for storing data that is used often within short time periods. For more information, please visit https://redis.io/
- Textline. We use Textline for outbound and inbound SMS communications with workers in their day-to-day relationship with Grizzly Force. For more information, please visit https://textline.com
- Twilio Segment. We use Segment to transmit data between our backend user profiles to our third party services that require the same user profile information. For more information, please visit https://segment.com
- Zendesk. We use Zendesk as a ticketing support system and live-chat service to help serve all of our users in their day-to-day needs. For more information, please visit https://zendesk.com
If you would like more information about our service providers, please contact us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
International transfer and storage
Grizzly Force is based in Canada and we process and store information in Canada. Your personal information may also be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage third party service providers, including the United States and India. As a result, to the extent permitted under applicable law, your personal information may be transferred to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than in your home country. While such information is outside of your country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
We have implemented reasonable physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures with a view to protecting your personal information and other information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel who are granted access to your personal information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
While we take precautions against possible breaches in our web sites and customer databases, no web site or Internet transmission is completely secure, so unfortunately we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. Your use of our website and the App is at your own risk. We assume no liability for disclosure of your personal information due to transmission errors, unauthorized access, or causes beyond our control, including security failures on the part of our partners and third party service providers and processors.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Opting out of communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us. You may also opt-out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavour to respond to your opt-out request promptly, but we ask that you please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails, we may still need to send you communications about your use of our products or other matters.
Accessing and updating your personal information
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as reasonably necessary. We will not routinely update your personal information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with updates to your personal information, when required.
You may make a written request to review any personal information about you that we have collected, used or disclosed, and we will provide you with any such personal information to the extent required and/or permitted by law. You may also challenge the accuracy or completeness of your personal information in our records and request corrections. If you successfully demonstrate that your personal information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the personal information as required. To exercise these rights, please contact us by using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
We may require that you provide sufficient identification to fulfill your request to access or correct your personal information. Any such identifying information will be used only for this purpose.
Our website and the App is not intended for children under the age of 18. Children under the age of 18 should not use our website and should not supply us with any personal information. If you provide us with personal information about a child under the age of consent in connection with your use of the services, you warrant that you have obtained consent from their parent or legal guardian to do so.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18 without the consent of their parent or legal guardian, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
As part of your purchase of our products or other interactions with us, we may send you emails to operate or promote our services, or other products and information we believe may be of interest to you. In addition, we may contact you using other personal information that you have provided to us (such as a physical mailing address) or contact information that you have made publicly available (such as through a social networking service). We provide an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature, or alternatively we will cease to communicate with you for this purpose if you contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you.
This Policy is current as of the “updated” date which appears at the top of this page. It may be modified or updated from time to time. When changes are made to this Policy, they will become immediately effective when published in a revised Policy posted on our website unless otherwise noted. We may also communicate the changes through our services or by other means. By submitting your personal information to us, by accessing or using any of the products or services we offer, by using our website, by using the App, or by voluntarily interacting with us after we publish or communicate a notice about the changes to this Policy, you consent to our collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as set out in the revised Policy.
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your personal information or our privacy practices should be sent to our Privacy Officer as follows:
|Address||Attention: Privacy Officer|
265 Alexander St,
Vancouver, BC V6A 1C2